The Seattle Public Library Offers College Financial Aid Help for High School Students This Fall
Applying for 2018-2019 student financial aid? The Seattle Public Library will offer drop-in support for students and their families as they navigate the college financial aid process at two Library locations in October and November.
Library events and programs are free and everyone is welcome. Registration is not required.
Trained volunteers will be on hand to answer questions and offer help with applying for scholarships. Financial aid experts will provide support for filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).
Assistance will be provided at the following times, dates, and locations.
To fill out the FASFA and WASFA, students should bring the following items:
- Driver's license or identification card.
- Social Security number or Green Card.
- Income information. This includes bank statements, a W-2 or pay stub, and a past tax return.
- Additional financial information. This might include child support statements, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or welfare information, real estate, investments, family business or farm information.
Students who are age 24 or under must also bring a parent or legal guardian with them, along with the following items:
- One parent or guardian's Social Security number or Green Card.
- Parents' or guardians' financial information. This includes a copy of their 2016 tax return.
- Parents' or guardians' additional financial information. This might include child support statements, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or welfare information, real estate, investments, family business or farm information.
This event is presented in partnership with College Goal Washington. Assistance is provided through the Washington Student Achievement Council.
For more information, call the Library at 206-386-4636 or Ask A Librarian.
For more information contact:
Andra Addison, communications director
< Back To Index