Impact on Local Businesses
We support entrepreneurship in our community, particularly in underserved areas.
Summary of Business Programs
Library to Business
- We offered free access to market research, business resources, networking events and more for beginning and experienced entrepreneurs.
- 270 one-on-one meetings with local entrepreneurs in 2018 to help ensure their success – 57 percent were starting a business
- 1,800 people learned how to start a business at 98 business workshops or events – 88 percent said they intended to apply what they just learned
- 47 community partners enhanced the Library’s small business program
- 110 people explored ideas to improve education and entrepreneurship in the fifth Startup Weekend offered at the Library