Celebrate Pride 2022 with The Seattle Public Library
release date: 06/02/2022
Celebrate Pride month with The Seattle Public Library, where everyone belongs! Enjoy a new Rainbow Story Time, visit with us at PrideFest or march with us at the Seattle Pride Parade. Find some new-to-you LGBTQ+ films, novels and comics to check out, and more.
The Library works with local organizations and community members to offer programming for Seattle’s many diverse communities, including LGBTQ+ patrons and allies, and to offer resources and build knowledge. Find events and resources at www.spl.org/Pride.
JOIN THE LIBRARY AT PRIDE WEEKEND
The Library is proud to participate in Seattle Pride 2022. Join us for these events.
- From 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, June 25. The Library at Pridefest. Join us at PrideFest! Staff from The Seattle Public Library will visit PrideFest, including Family Pride (from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.) and Queer Youth Pride (from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.), at the Capitol Hill Station Plaza, with books, crafts, library cards and giveaways! PrideFest runs from noon to 9 p.m; find a full schedule of events at www.seattlepridefest.org/schedule.
- From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, June 26. 2022 Seattle Pride Parade. Join The Seattle Public Library and the Bookmobile as we march with the City of Seattle in the 48th annual Seattle Pride Parade in celebration with Seattle’s LGBTQ+ communities. The parade begins at Fourth Avenue and Pike Street and ends at Second Avenue and Denny Way. Visit http://seattlepride.org/ to see the parade route and full schedule of events.
VIRTUAL RAINBOW STORY TIME
Tune in to a new virtual Rainbow Story Time for Pride 2022. Children's librarian Jesse celebrates Pride month, takes a road trip, and reads "All the Way to Havana," by Margarita Engle. You can watch other recent episodes of Rainbow Virtual Story Time on The Seattle Public Library Kids YouTube channel. For a full list of upcoming Virtual Story Times, please visit our Event Calendar.
WATCH AND READ FOR PRIDE: STAFF PICKS
Celebrate Pride Month by watching, reading and learning. Our staff picks and recommendations will help you identify some of our favorite LGBTQ items in our collection.
- Teen Pride: Celebrate Pride with these great LGBTQ+ teen novels.
- Book Bingo - LGBTQ+ Love Story: Are you playing Book Bingo, our adult reading program, and you need a suggestion for the LGBTQ+ Love Story category? This is your list!
- Films for Pride Month: Celebrate Pride Month with these recent films by or about LGBTQ+ folks. From comedies to documentaries to dramas and more, these films cover the multi-faceted nature of LGBTQ+ communities and experiences.
- Comics by LGBTQ+ comics creators: Celebrate Pride Month with this list of comics by LGBTQ+ authors and artists. Annotations adapted from the publisher's description.
- Pride Books for Kids: Selected picture books, chapter books, and graphic novels exploring the experiences of LGBTQ+ children and families.
- LGBTQ+ classic books: A staff selection of LGBTQ+ classic fiction titles for adults.
The Library brings people, information and ideas together to enrich lives and build community. We support universal access to information and ideas, and form strong partnerships with local organizations to offer services that are accessible to all.
Contact the Library’s Ask Us service by phone at 206-386-4636 or by email or chat at spl.org/Ask. Staff are ready to answer questions and direct you to helpful resources and information.