Wallingford Branch Highlights
The relocated Wallingford Branch opened Jan. 29, 2000. It shares space in the Solid Ground building, which consolidates community services and volunteers under one roof. The branch features five colorful neon signs in the windows that represent library activities.
Serving Wallingford since 1949
The Wilmot Memorial Library opened Sept. 10, 1949 in a house donated by Alice Wilmot Dennis in memory of her sister, Florence Wilmot Metcalf. The branch moved to remodeled quarters in a former police and fire station in 1985 and was renamed the Wallingford-Wilmot Library.
The branch shared its new space with the 45th Street Clinic, which eventually expanded and asked the library to relocate.
A window to the world
The relocated Wallingford Branch is the second project completed under the "Libraries for All" building program.
The Miller|Hull Partnership designed the Solid Ground building (formerly the Fremont Public Association Resource Center) with the Library in mind as a possible tenant. Miller|Hull also designed the Library’s space, which was built by Harmatta Construction. The distinguished yet approachable building consolidates community services and volunteers under one roof.
Light art by Richard Elliot and a community timeline
Ellensburg artist Richard Elliott designed five colorful neon signs to represent activities going on in the library. There is also a pictorial timeline of the Wallingford Branch’s history.