Global Reading Challenge
The Global Reading Challenge is a reading incentive program for 4th and 5th graders enrolled in Seattle Public Schools. Students form teams and read selected books, then take part in a trivia competition.
2022 Global Reading Challenge
Congratulations to the many participants of the 2022 Global Reading Challenge! 4th and 5th graders from all over Seattle enjoyed author talks, joined book groups and teams, and competed in our trivia contest.
- This was the 27th year of the Global Reading Challenge.
- There were 8 books this year, and more than 8,000 books were distributed to schools and community partners.
- We had 11 virtual author events over the course of the season, available to Seattle Public School students.
- Students used Library Link and their student ID number to check out e-books and e-audio.
- 442 teams with 2,956 team members participated in the Global Reading Challenge Competition!
- 60 teams competed in the Semi-finals. 8 teams went on to the City Finals. You can see team names below.
We are so impressed with all of the reading, writing, thinking, quizzing, discussions and excellent teamwork that students bring to Global Reading Challenge. We celebrate your accomplishments and hard work!
2022 Global Reading Challenge City Champions
Global Reading Challenge Past Years' Books
Since 1996, we have partnered with the Seattle Public Schools on a reading incentive program. Students form teams and read selected books, then take part in a trivia competition. These are the past years' book lists.
The Global Reading Challenge is a reading incentive program for 4th and 5th graders enrolled in Seattle Public Schools.