Academic Support for Grade 3 - 5
Explore resources from the Library and our partners to help students achieve academic success.
Get access to encyclopedias, articles, newspapers and databases to help you with your student research projects, including:
- Access Video - Access Video lets you watch video on demand from any computer or tablet, with no app or software to download. The Access Video collection includes online shows and documentaries from channels like PBS, BBC, History Channel, A&E and more.
- AtoZ the World: Want to learn about another country? Get in-depth information about 175 countries, including history, culture, customs, food, religion, travel information, maps and much more.
- Britannica Library: Children: Offers thousands of articles, images, videos and more to help students from kindergarten through high school learn about the world.
- CultureGrams: Get an inside look at the daily life, history, culture and customs of the world's people. Includes information on more than 200 countries, every U.S. state and all 13 Canadian provinces and territories.
- Kanopy Kids - Browse educational and engaging videos for children of all ages.
Free Online Tutoring
- Virtual Tutoring - K – 12 students in Seattle can get free virtual tutoring from Tutor.com with a Library card or Library Link number.
- Prodigy - Engaging, curriculum aligned math practice for students K-8th grade.
- TumbleMath Library: Math concepts taught through stories and literature. This collection of math stories combines animation, narration, and sound to teach math concepts focusing on grades K-6. Access generously provided by TumbleBooks during the COVID-19 crisis.
Multiple School Subjects
- Brainpop - Engaging learning games, animated movies, and activities. Designed with relevance, depth and humor to engage kids on their unique learning paths. Available in Spanish, French and English Language Learners.
- Khan Academy - A nonprofit with the mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
- Scholastic Learn at Home - Day by day projects to keep students reading, thinking and growing.
- Think Indigenous: Online Indigenous Education K-8 - In light of the current situation regarding school closures, educators across Turtle Island have come together to provide online learning opportunities for students K-8.
- Wide Open School - free virtual learning resources by grade and subject.
Seattle Public Schools Resources
- 2020-21 Seattle Public School Resources - Resources for students and families including Student and Staff Health and Safety information and Virtual Learning Option information.
- Seattle Public Schools At Home Learning - Learning at Home examples, resources and activities by grade. Includes links to Technology Support, Social-Emotional Learning and Learning Suggestions for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students.
- Look, Listen, & Learn: Children’s educational TV program rooted in early learning research and racial equity to promote school readiness and success.
- PBS Learning Media - Free standards-aligned videos, interactives, and lesson plans for Pre-K-12.
- Project Explorer - Free virtual field trip videos from around the world from grades 3-12.
- Wonderopolis - Engaging social studies and history videos, articles, and knowledge tests for elementary and middle school students.