Engaging Activities to Do at Home
Explore fun and engaging activities for students to enjoy at home.
Arts, Music & Storytelling
- Wide Open School's Arts, Music & DIY - Take an art & drawing masterclass, learn the history of breakdancing, make your own space film, learn the poetics of hip hop, and more through Wide Open School.
- Future Me - Write a letter to the future.
- KUOW Soundbites - Mini Audio Storytelling Activities for Teens.
- Write. Right. Rite - Storytelling, Writing Prompts, and Activities by Jason Reynolds, National Ambassador of Young People’s Literature
- Girls Who Code - Code at Home - Activities released weekly. Each activity will include a feature of a woman in tech who pioneered innovative technology.
- Hour of Code - Themed coding tutorials for beginners and coders. Available in over 45 languages.
- Scratch - program your own interactive stories, games, and animations and share with others around the world.
Nature & Science
- The California Academy of Science - Activities to highlight the importance of the natural world through interactive games and webpages, live wildlife video feeds, and closeups of creatures
- Science Snacks - hands-on, teacher-tested, and use cheap, available materials. Designed by the Exploratorium in San Francisco
Self Care & Social Emotional Learning
- Get Moving with Wide Open School - Free yoga classes, dance videos, themed workouts and more.
- Online Groups for LGBTQ Youth - Lambert House is hosting online groups for LGBTQ youth living in Seattle and King County as well as support, resources and activities
- Youth First Self-Care Ideas during COVID-19 - Taking care of your mental health is important during times of crisis. Youth First provides games, activities and more for self care.
- Your Next Skill - Our librarians are standing by to help you learn your next skill. What will it be? A new language? A new hobby? Something for home or at work? The possibilities are endless.