Northstar Digital Literacy
Gain computer confidence and master technology skills with Northstar’s Digital Literacy lessons. Complete certificates to show employers that you have the current skills needed in today’s workforce, safely connect online with your friends and family, learn to use programs for school and more.
Northstar’s practice lessons will help you gain confidence and master skills. When you’re ready, you can take an assessment to test your knowledge and demonstrate your abilities.
To save your assessment results and print certificates you earn, create a free Learner account. The only requirements are your name and email address.
If you already have a Learner account, log in to get started right away.
If you want to take an assessment without creating an NSOL Learner account, visit the Northstar website.
Available Assessments and Tutorials
Essential Computer Skills
- Basic Computer Skills (Practice Lessons also available)
- Internet Basics (Practice Lessons also available)
- Using Email (Practice Lessons also available)
- Mac OS
Essential Software Skills
- Microsoft Word (Practice Lessons also available)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Google Docs
- Using Technology in Daily Life
- Information Literacy
- Supporting K-12 Distance Learning
- Career Search Skills (Practice Lessons also available)
- Your Digital Footprint