Summer of Learning
The Library has offered summer reading and learning programs for Seattle youth since 1919 – the 2021 summer will be our 102nd year of summer youth programming!
About Summer of Learning
Summer of Learning at The Seattle Public Library provides youth:
- fun and educational programs that reflect the rich cultural communities of Seattle
- activities to support reading for fun over the summer
- early literacy engagement for families with young children (ages 0-5)
- access to books and reading through our community partner organizations
- learning experiences that center youth interests
- exposure to programs that build skills and confidence
The 2021 Summer of Learning will include programs and activities for early learners, children, teens, and families, and will explore community-driven programs that explore the intersection of art, history, and social justice.
Check back here in May for more information as we launch the 2021 Summer of Learning program!
Summer of Learning Past Years
We have offered summer reading and learning programs for Seattle youth since 1919.
Our 2020 Summer of Learning theme was Every Day is Earth Day!
Our 2019 Summer of Learning theme was Explore Your World!
Our 2018 Summer of Learning theme was Make a Splash! Adventures with Water.